Why learn SQL?
- SQL is the most universal and common used database language.It powers the most commonly used database engines like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite, and MySQL. Simply put,If you want to access databases then yes, you need to know SQL
- It is not really difficult to learn SQL. SQL is not a programming language, it’s a query language. The primary objective where SQL was created was to give the possibility to common people get interested data from database. It is also an English like language so anyone who can use English at a basic level can write SQL query easily
- SQL is one of the most sought-after skills by hiring employers
- You can earn good money
How much time does it take to learn SQL?
SQL is easy but no one can determine the learning time it takes. It totally depends on you. The method we adopted to help you learn SQL quickly starts from the basics and takes you to advanced level within hours. You can follow the same, but remember you can learn nothing without practicing it. Practice is the only way to learn SQL quickly.
What are the steps I should follow to learn SQL?
- Start learning from the basics of SQL. The first 10 sections of the course cover the basics.
- Once done with the basic try your hands on advanced SQL. Next 10 sections cover Advanced topics
- Next few sections will cover help you with interviews and Vivas
- Practice your learning on the exercise provided in every section
What's the difference between SQL and PostgreSQL?
SQL is a language. Specifically, the "Structured Query Language"
PostgreSQL is one of several database systems, or RDMS (Relational Database Management System). PostgresSQL is one of several RDMS's, others of which are Oracle, Informix, MySQL, and MSQL.
All of these RDMSs use SQL as their language. Each of them have minor variations in the "dialect" of SQL that they use, but it's all still SQL.
Which is better, PostgreSQL or MySQL?
Both are excellent products with unique strengths, and the choice is often a matter of personal preference.
PostgreSQL offers overall features for traditional database applications, while MySQL focuses on faster performance for Web-based applications.
Open source development will bring more features to subsequent releases of both databases.
Who uses these databases?
Here are a few examples of companies that use PostgreSQL: Apple, BioPharm, Etsy, IMDB, Macworld, Debian, Fujitsu, Red Hat, Sun Microsystem, Cisco, Skype.
What's special about this course?
The course is created on the basis of three pillars of learning:
- Know (Study)
- Do (Practice)
- Review (Self feedback)
We have created a set of concise and comprehensive videos to teach you all the SQL related skills you will need in your professional career.
We also provide Exercises to complement the learning from the lecture video. These exercises are carefully designed to further clarify the concepts and help you with implementing the concepts on practical problems faced on-the-job.
Check if you have learnt the concepts by executing your code and analyzing the result set. Ask questions in the discussion board if you face any difficulty.
Apart from this, their is a bonus section which covers important topics from the view of job interviews and Vivas.
The Authors of this course have several years of corporate experience and hence have curated the course material keeping in mind the requirement of SQL in today's corporate world.
Who this course is for:
- Working Professionals beginning their Data journey
- Anyone curious to master SQL from beginner to Advanced in short span of time
- Students about to join their first corporate job
- Just a PC with any web browser
What will you learn
- Knowledge of all the essential SQL commands
- Become proficient in SQL tools like GROUP BY, JOINS and Subqueries
- Become competent in using sorting and filtering commands in SQL
- Master SQL's most popular string, mathematical and date-time functions
- Enhance the performance of your Database by using Views and Indexes
- Increase your efficiency by learning the best practices while writing SQL queries
- Relevant theoretical concepts also covered so that you excel in BI Job interviews and Vivas
- Solid understanding of SQL