SketchUp is a free and easy-to-use 3D drawing, design, and rendering program. SketchUp 2017 offers faster performance, intelligent tools such as smart offsets and inferencing, and more customization options than ever before. Learn the essentials of the latest version of SketchUp in this course. George Maestri covers navigating around the interface, manipulating objects, drawing in 2D and 3D space, working with materials, and applying textures. Plus, learn how to work with reusable components (including third-party objects from the 3D Warehouse) and apply simple styles and animation to make your 3D projects more polished and presentable.
Note: The core features of SketchUp Make, the free version of SketchUp covered in this course, and SketchUp Pro, the paid version of the program, are identical. Users of both versions should be able to follow along with the training.
- Creating new camera views
- Configuring custom toolbars on Mac and Windows
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Creating 3D text in SketchUp
- Measuring and labeling objects
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials on Mac and Windows
- Animating and rendering your drawings