New to Premiere Pro? Start here and learn how to professionally edit video using techniques from the experts. Ashley Kennedy first introduces a fast-track approach that breaks down the entire import-to-output process into eight quick steps—ideal as an overview for new editors, and a good crash course for editors migrating from other platforms. Then she transitions to an expanded workflow, showing how to import media, create a basic rough edit, refine the cut, and introduce music, sound effects, transitions, visual effects, and titles. Along the way, she demonstrates how Premiere Pro integrates with other Creative Cloud applications, and offers keyboard shortcuts and other workflow-enhancing tricks to help you become more efficient in Premiere Pro. The course wraps up with tutorials on color correction, multicam editing, and the export process.
- Editing in Premiere Pro: the fast-track approach
- Setting up a project and a sequence
- Importing and organizing media
- Marking and selecting the best takes from clips
- Performing insert, overwrite, and replace edits
- Trimming, splitting, moving, and deleting clips
- Dynamic linking and round-tripping with other Creative Cloud apps
- Audio editing and mixing
- Recording voice-overs
- Applying transitions, effects, and filters
- Changing clip speed
- Color correction
- Creating titles
- Multicam editing techniques
- Exporting your final project.