Leadership coach and lynda.com director of learning and development Britt Andreatta shares her tips and strategies for having difficult conversations. In her four-phase model, you'll discover the situations that lead up to difficult conversations, decide when the conversation is warranted, prepare for the interaction, and monitor outcomes to ensure success.
Along the way, learn the secrets of turning difficult conversations into successful interactions that enhance communication and rapport. Improve both your professional and personal relationships, finding your way back from conflict through mutually successful outcomes.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is a difficult conversation?
- Understanding why conversations go badly
- Changing your tipping point
- Building your ladder—and climbing down
- Knowing your triggers
- Reframing your adversary
- Being prepared for the conversation
- Taking responsibility
- Sharing goals and experience
- Co-creating a solution
- Developing the action plan
- Building better feedback<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.