At the end of this course, you will be able to create your own keyword based chatbots for Facebook Messenger!
Since Facebook Messenger opened their platform for chatbots, many people believe these conversational bots are among the next big things to change how people interact with technology. But how do you build a chatbot? Welcome to Chatbot Academy.
Together, we will build a chatbot called "Twitter Trending Chatbot" that returns currently trending topics for a location the user wants. We will do this step by step with a PHP framework called Laravel, which makes it very easy to prototype and develop your first bot.
In this hands-on course, you will learn:
- How to use Laravel for PHP to create a new chatbot project
- How to create a Facebook app and receive messages
- How to send messages based on a user's input
- How to respond to keywords with real-time data
- How to upload and publish your bot
This course is designed for:
- Developers and marketers with some experience with PHP
- People who have heard of MVC frameworks like Laravel before
- People who are excited about learning something new :)
Topics that are not part of this course (yet):
- Natural Language Processing (for beginners, keyword based solutions are enough to play with)
- Artificial Intelligence (we are going to create a rules based chatbot)
- Other platforms like Kik, Telegram, or Slack
Are you ready to build your first bot?
Then sign up now and join Chatbot Academy. It's a lot of fun, we promise :).