Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most popular questions that users have asked; you may find them useful working through out iTutorialist website. If you have any new question that is not mentioned in these questions, please Contact Us and ask your own question easily.
- Collapse All Expand All
Here we have a video of adding a new tutorial to itutorialist.com database. please have a look on this video or go through the below steps which explains the tutorial adding process as well by images and description.
Now you face a form which you have to pay attention to the instructor details, tutorial category, license, language, type and publish date. Also you may download the image of the tutorial and upload that in the iTutorialist. In the first field you have to search for instructor(s) of the tutorial, by start typing the name, there would be a resault of searching in instructors to show you existing instructors in iTutorialist. (If the instructor you are looking for does not be shown in the results, then it means that instructor does not exists in iTutorialist and you have to add the instructor. Have a look on Add Instructor in this page for more details.)
Simply you would go through other fields and fill them up. You have to choose a category for the tutorial and also a sub-category for it.
- You have to specify the tutorial language and level and also the type of tutorial; for example if it is a video tutorial you have to choose Video for the tutorial type section.
- And you have to choose a provider for your tutorial. For example if tutorial is for Udemy website, you have to choose Udemy as provider. If you could not find the related provider, you have to add it by your own; please have a look at How To Add Tutorial Provider on this page for more info.
- Then after these steps you have to add the published date of the tutorial and URL of that and the name and description about the tutorial. Please pay attention that you have to add a unique url for the tutorial.
- And then after all of these you have to add the tutorial image if it does have any.
- Optional Fields consists of your Review and your Rate for the added tutorial.
And finally click on 'Submit Tutorial' button. You have added the tutorial successfully if you see the green message. Now you would see a page to add sub-tutorials for your added tutorial. (Have a look at How to add sub-tutorials on this page for more info.)
Here we have a video of adding sub-tutorials for an added tutorial to itutorialist.com database. please have a look on this video or go through the below steps which explains the tutorial sub-tutorials adding process as well by images and description.
After you added the tutorial, you should add the sub-tutorials for the tutorial. You would be redirected to the sub-tutorial page after you click on 'submit Tutorial' button. You easily can choose how many sub-tutorials does exists in the tutorial you added, and then enter their topic and description (if exists). Click on + button or +Multi button based on the method you want to add sub-tutorials. (One by one or all together)
- For adding all sub-tutorials together click on +Multi button, then enter number of sub-tutorials and click GO:
- When you click on go button, it would create n (number you entered) sub-tutorial form and you have to fill them out. Then easily after fill the sub-tutorial name and description you can click on create button and n sub-tutorials would be created.
- For adding sub-tutorial one by one, you should click on + button:
- Then after fill the text boxes by click on the create button you will create one sub-tutorial.
- After creating one sub-tutorial, this can be a parent sub-tutorial and by clicking on its name, a panel would be shown that you are able to add children for the sub-tutorial (same way as displayed above), edit it or delete it:
- After you added the tutorial you want, you can edit the tutorial in special time based on your role in adding tutorial:
- As an instructor of the tutorial, you always have access to the tutorial to edit the tutorial.'
- As a user which is adder of tutorial (not instructor) you have just can access tutorial for 3 days from the day you add the tutorial.
- Maybe you are not adder, and you are not instructor of tutorial, but you think there should be an edit; then easily contact the iTutorialist admin side and tell us what you think should be edited.
- You can access the link of editing tutorial from the separate tutorial page, at the top of tutorial image:
- Instructors or Users
Here we have a video of adding a new instructor to itutorialist.com database. please have a look on this video or go through the below steps which explains the instructor adding process as well by images and description.
- If the instructor for the tutorial that you want to add is not already added, you may add the instructor by going to “Add New” and select “+Instructor”.
- Then you may find the instructor email address, so enter it and click next :
- If you could not find the instructor email address, then click on the link 'I couldn't find the instructor's email address' :
- Then you have to enter the instructor details in the next page, and submit the instructor. Also it's recommended to Upload the instructor image and fill out the optional fields:
- Click on “Optional Fields” and fill up data which are available: Language: main instructor language (find in personal website/follow the tutorial language) Country: Is the country that instructor is from (find in personal website/ chose USA if couldn’t find)
- Add the image of instructor if you could find any image of the instructor from his website or other places.
- And click on “Add new Instructor” button.
- Tutorial Providers
Here we have a video of adding a new tutorial provider to itutorialist.com database. please have a look on this video or go through the below steps which explains the tutorial provider adding process as well by images and description.
- If the tutorial provider (the name of website or company which is presenting the tutorial you want to add) is not already added, you may add the provider by going to “Add New” from top menu and select “+Tutorial Provider”.
- Then you have to go through the fields and complete the form of adding provider.
- You can set the provider image at this form too.
- And Finally Click on "submit provider" button
- Go to your lists page from the menu on www.itutorialist.com after Login.
- Scroll down at the bottom of the page to create your custom list:
- Choose proper name for your list. Name of the list is important since it will show up in google search after few days and users also can search within the website.
- Optional fields help your list to be easier be found and get more attention. You may click on 'optional fields' options to fill it up.
- Provide description, image, category and sub-category for your list and click Create button.
- After login to the application, find the tutorial that you want to add through search and add it to your list: